Gray - stone, elephant, dove, Dior, asphalt, slate, silver, steel, cement, anthracite, smoke, pearl, dust, driftwood, putty, charcoal. All these words are used to describe one of my favorite colors. It can be moody and calming. Grays are another way to go neutral depending on what you pair with them. Below are some of my favorite fall gray rooms.
A room designed by Mary McDonald for the Greystone Estate show house.
Thom Felicia designed the above bedroom.
Silver Gracie wallpaper in a dining room by Andrew Raquet.
Both rooms above are in Monique Lhuilier’s home featured in Elle Decor.
Jeffrey Bilhuber goes all grey with wall upholstery, painted floors, and upholstered sofa.
Pops of gray:
The above room by Todd Romano works with tans, caramels,a nd ivories with a nice pop of deep charcoal grey on two club chairs.
Room by Jeffrey Bilhuber
Gray paint selections ( as seen in House Beautiful):
1. Benjamin Moore Horizon
2. Farrow and Ball Pavilion Grey
3. Benjamin Moore Stone Harbor
4. Modern Masters Platinum- this paint actually has some metallic in it so it glistens ever so slightly at night.
5. Farrow and Ball Down Pipe
6. Fine Paints of Europe Silhouette Gray
Gray Wall coverings:
1. F. Schumacher Zimba Silver 5003300
2. Osborne and Little Wilde Carnation W5554
3. Osborne and Little Trifid W5556
4. F. Schumacher Imperial Trellis in Charcoal 5003361
1. Vanderhurd Grand Prisme in french grey/ cream
2. Vanderhurd hand woven fabric fez in desert- how fabulous would this tough fabric be on a headboard or sofa?
3. F. Schumacher Cloisonne Velvet in platinum by Celerie Kemble
4. Lee Jofa flannel 2009138_11
5. Lee Jofa SC10026_1611
6. Thom Felicia for Kravet 30779.516
7. C & C Milano
1. Leontine Linens Addison and Grace Bed Linens
2. Throw pillow with spots in charcoal by Michael Devine
3. Moroccan Pouf in silver through Pieces Inc.
4. Alexa Chair in cerused oak through Tonic Home
5. Custom x-bench through Jonathan Adler
6. D Porthault bed linens Tigre on Gray